Noble luxury one bedroom apartment with frescos on the ceiling in a famous historical building in the heart of Siena – one of the main towns of Tuscany. Beautifully renovated with class. The apartment has a queen sized bed is decorated with antique furniture as well as all the modern comforts. The building is an A grading for monumental buildings as it was once the home of the nobility of Siena.
The French Art critic Philippe Daverio has defined Siena “The eternal Middle-Ages” and “The Gothic dream”. Here, it seems time has stopped in the 13th Century.
The apartment has high quality double paned windows for noise reduction and was completely renovated in 2014 by the very best artisan masters. Ideal for: a couple, as a bridal suite, for History lovers. Not suitable for children.
There are two windows overlooking directly the Piazza del Campo – ideal for viewing the famous Palio horse race in July and August.
Included in Price
- Housekeeping (is provided daily up to 1 hour, except Sunday)
- Towels are changed daily;
- Bed linen changed once per week
- Final cleaning
- 40 sq m – In Piazza del Campo, Siena.
- In the heart of a UNESCO world heritage site.
- In one of the 10 most beautiful squares in the whole world.
- In the Square where the famous Palio is held twice a year.
- Entrance: via Di Città, the most elegant street of Siena since the Middle Ages.
- The apartment is on the Second floor of the 14th century Palazzo(no lift. 46 steps).
- An A grade – listed Monumental Building
- Parking outside the walls in garage. – since it is the heart of a UNESCO sitem it is also ZTL (traffic limited zone) and no car can drive in the street, except for taxis;
- -There are 46 steps and no elevator (for people with heavy luggage please inquire in advance for a porter service appointment only if you know time of arrival);
- • N.B. Not suitable for Children. Pets not allowed. No smokers. Bikes inside the Palazzo not allowed
No air conditioning but fans are provided due to both Historical reasons and location).
Check in from 15 to 18, please not later. If they can please inform us in advance about the time of their arrival (more or less).
Minimum stay 2 nights.
Non refundable deposit required on booking.
• Exclusive historical location of incalculable value
• Original ‘frescoes’ (old mural paintings) on the ceilings
• Original, old mural hand-made painting of ancient lime, on the walls.
• Expansive view of Piazza il Campo.
• Dramatic view of Il Mangia Tower.
• High quality noise-reduction windows of last generation
• High quality handmade upholstery fabric (silk, damask, linen).
• Sienise travertine in the kitchen and in the bathroom.
• Parquet made of wood block of bay oak all over the apartment.
• Made in Italy materials of the highest quality.
• The Palazzo is part of the ancient Tower of Medieval implant “Torre detta delle Sette Seghinelle” (XIII sec.).
• Till 1305 AD the owner of the Tower was the Nobleman Musciatto De Franzesi (Banker and personal advisor to the French king Philip IV, Pope Boniface VIII and Charles the II of Naples).
• De Franzesi is mentioned as character in the first novel of the Decameron – the greatest work of Giovanni Boccaccio (1313-1375) and considered the masterpiece of classical early Italian prose.
• The Palazzo has belonged to a powerful Guelphic Sienise noble family.
• The family has belonged to ‘I Grandi of Siena’ and was part of the oligarchic Government of the IX (1278-1355) made up of the wealthiest Sienise families.
• The family became part of the Patritiate of Siena in 1753.
Area in Siena
Located in the heart of Siena in Piazza Del Campo, the main famous campo -a UNESCO world heritage site. Walk to all famous sites in Siena.
- Final cleaning Included
- Electricity, water, gas included
- Weekly linen change
- Rooms cleaned & towels change daily
- Bespoke Toiletries
- Soundproof rooms
- Welcome basket offered
- Espresso machine
- Central heating
- Garage Parking Extra
- Fridge and freezer
- American coffee maker
- Self Catering
- Sound-proof doors and windows
- In city center
- Historical building
- Min stay 2 nights
The word Chianti evokes images of sloping Tuscan hills cultivated with vineyards and glasses generously filled with the famous red Italian wine Chianti Classico. There is an abundance of castles, pretty medieval villages set on the hilltops, solitary abbeys, farmhouses and exquisite villas in Chianti wine region. Every corner seems to be a work of art steeped in history. Let us tell you where to explore …..not only for the beauty of its landscape and art, but also to learn about the long tradition of producing magnificent quality Italian wine, meet the locals and savour the wonderful food and wine which have made Chianti famous.