Lovely large five bedroom villa, Lucca Tuscany, sleeping eleven. The Gate House is an attractive, practical house for staying all year round- Situated in the grounds of a large estate, it is located 10KM from Lucca, by car, train or bus. A short walk into the village of Ponte a Moriano, which has all local amenities.
It is ideal for those who want a comfortable base to explore Tuscany.
Bookings for short or long stays available.
The Gate House is a an attractive, practical house for staying all year round. A few steps away from its large garden with a securely gated and fenced swimming pool, sun loungers and umbrellas. Large table and chairs near the BBQ.
The secure entry gates are the same as for the main Villa. From the north-facing windows, the views span over miles of forested countryside, whilst from those facing south the views look across olive groves to the Pizzorne Mountains or down the valley where the Serchio River curls towards the sea. There are many invigorating walks in the local countryside. So many places around this area to explore.
A few steps away from its large garden, with a securely gated and fenced swimming pool, sun loungers and umbrellas. Large table and chairs near the BBQ.
The ground floor consists of:-
- The kitchen is bright and welcoming with zucchero da blu (sugar packet blue) painted cupboards and shelves.
- Central breakfast table
- A small room off the kitchen has a fridge freezer and washing machine
- Dining room with a table to seat 12.
- Large sitting room with TV, reading books, maps and guides of Tuscany, music player, games and puzzles.
- One double bedded room with it’s own bathroom.
- Bedroom 1 – with 2 single beds or 1 double.
- Bedroom 2 – with 3 single beds
- Bedroom 3 – with 2 single beds or 1 double
- Bedroom 4 – with 2 single beds or 1 double
- 2 shared bathrooms.
- Children’s cots and highchairs available.
- All windows have mosquito nets for the Summer months.
- Full central heating for the Winter months – upplied at an extra cost.
- The charming garden situated under a large pergola of roses and jasmine is a short walk from the front door.
- There is a table for al fresco dining, chairs for relaxing, a sun umbrella and BBQ.
There is access to several walks through the olive groves of the estate. The estate olive grove produces its own fine, quality, cold pressed oil, seasonal fruit and vegetables, fresh eggs when the hens are laying.
Area near Lucca
The estate is 10 km from Lucca. The local village is just a 5 minute walk down the hill, where the Trattoria Da Pinzo provides great food.
The village also offers a Bank, Pharmacy, an English speaking Doctor, and a variety of shops.
There is an excellent train service, to take you to the sights and treasures of cities such as Florence, Lucca, Pisa and Volterra also to the sea side at Viareggio, and to the less well known Garfagnana countryside.
- Swimming Pool
- Washing Machine
- Weekly linen change
- Fully equipped Kitchen
- Espresso machine
- Central heating
- Local olive oil and wine
- Heating Extra
- Iron and ironing board.
- Parking on property
- Fridge and freezer
- Air conditioning (extra)
- Deposit required on booking
- Extra linen change on request
- Exta Cleaning on request
- BBQ outside tables
- Self Catering
- Weekly stay sat-sat high season
- Chef on request
- Country Estate
Lucca is situated in the northwest corner of Tuscany and is a world within itself. The centro storico part of the city is encircled by a fully intact wall constructed in the 16th century as a defensive structure. The cobbled streets of Lucca are also a delight to walk or cycle around and the main shopping street is in via Fillungo although there are wonderful shops to be found all around the town. The elegant window arrangements change constantly and the pride in the display is evident everywhere.